Full Stack Skill-set
- Frontend: React.js (Next.js/GatsbyJS), React Native, Electron, Styled Components/Styled JSX, TailwindCSS/Bootstrap, PWA (Workbox).
- Backend: Node.js (Express.js), Golang, WebSocket (SocketIO), GraphQL, REST, gRPC, Kafka, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Redis, ElasticSearch, Nginx/Envoy, Ambassador, Istio.
- DevOps: Linux, Bash, Docker, Kubernetes, CI/CD (GitHub Actions/GitLab CI), AWS/GCP, Prometheus, Fluentd, Jaeger.
- Tools: Git, Yarn, TypeScript, PostCSS, ESLint, Prettier, Webpack, Rollup, Yeoman, Helm, VS Code.
Note: underlined ones are what I'm self-learning now.
Nov 2018 to Present: Co-founder & CTO at ProjectX
So-lo building a high scalability, performance & availability web-based platform system based on React.js, Node.js, Kafka, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Docker & Kubernetes.
Mar 2018 to Nov 2018: Technical Lead at Leflair Vietnam
Got promoted to Technical Lead after the CTO left. Built up & managed the 10-members team to develop the new version of the leflair.vn website frontend based on Next.js & migrate the backend from monolithic architecture to microservices using Node.js, MongoDB, Docker & Kubernetes.
The website performance increased from 10s to below 4s. And served a half million of customers & millions of monthly traffic with a 4-nines availability (99.99% uptime).
Nov 2016 to Mar 2018: Full Stack Developer at Leflair Vietnam
Built the e-commerce website leflair.vn from scratch based on React.js, Node.js, MongoDB, Docker & Kubernetes.
The website went live in production successfully after 3 months of development as a newbie to React.js. The website performance increased significantly compare to the previous AngularJS version.
2015 to 2018: Founder & CTO at Gorillab
Lead the 4-freelancers team to build several web & mobile-based apps for clients in Vietnam, Singapore & USA using MEAN/MERN (MongoDB, Express.js, React.js & Node.js) stack.
One of the products is iShopMgt which is an Order Management System built for the client in the US has been operating for years without a problem.
2015 to 2017: Co-founder & CTO at Fugu Inc.
So-lo built a Point-of-Sale as a Service for local coffee shops & restaurants based on MEAN (MongoDB, Express.js, AngularJS & Node.js) stack.
Got 3 Japanese restaurants in Ho Chi Minh & Ha Noi using the service.
2013 to 2015: PHP Developer Lead at Softfoundry
Lead a small team to develop several web-based products such as video conference (VMeet), video portal, e-commerce, e-learning, etc...
VMeet was used by the GOVs of Thailand, Vietnam & other SEA countries.
- 2020 to Present: Studying M.S. in Computer Science, major in Artificial Intelligent at Saigon University, Vietnam.
- 2009 to 2013: Graduated B.S. in Software Engineering at Van Lang University Vietnam whose program was transferred from Carnegie Mellon University USA.
Coding, Reading & Traveling.
Open Source Projects
- create-package: TypeScript package/module generator.
- create-service: Express.js micro service generator.
- crypto-roi: A ROI calculator of holding top coins on coinmarketcap.com..
- scraper: An html scraper microservice based on x-ray & micro.
- More projects at /phatpham9, /boringcodes & /gorillab.
Daily Tech Reads