Full Stack Skill-set
- Frontend: React.js (Next.js/GatsbyJS), React Native, Electron, Styled Components/Styled JSX, Tailwind CSS/Bootstrap, PWA (Workbox).
- Backend: Node.js (Express.js), Golang, WebSocket (SocketIO), REST, GraphQL, gRPC, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Redis, Kafka, ElasticSearch.
- DevOps: Linux, Bash, Docker, Kubernetes, GitHub Actions/GitLab CI, AWS/GCP, Nginx/Envoy, Ambassador, Istio, Prometheus, Fluentd, Jaeger.
- Tools: Git, Yarn, Webpack, Rollup, Yeoman, TypeScript, PostCSS/SASS, Helm, VS Code.
Note: underlined ones are what I'm self-learning now.
- Nov 2018 to Present: Co-founder/CTO at my own start-up. So-lo building a web-based platform for a client in the UK which is based on React.js, Node.js/Golang, PostgreSQL/MongoDB/Redis/Kafka, Docker/Kubernetes, GitLab CI, AWS/GCP...
- Mar 2018 to Nov 2018: Got promoted to Technical Lead at Leflair Vietnam who built up & managed the 10-members team to develop the new version of the website frontend based on Next.js & migrate the backend from monolithic to microservices architecture using Node.js, MongoDB, Docker & Kubernetes. The website performance increased from 10s to below 4s. Served a half million of customers & millions of monthly traffic with a small amount of downtime.
- Nov 2016 to Mar 2018: Fullstack Developer at Leflair Vietnam that built the ecommerce website leflair.vn from scratch based on MERN stack successfully in 3 months after 7 months struggling with Angular 2 framework problems.
- 2015 to 2018: Founder/CTO at Gorillab that lead the 4-freelancers team to build several web & mobile-based apps for clients in Vietnam, Singapore & USA using MEAN/MERN stack. One of them is iShopMgt which is an order management system built for the client in the US operating for years without a problem.
- 2015 to 2017: Co-founder/CTO at Fugu Inc. that built a Point-of-Sale as a Service for cafes & restaurants based on MEAN stack. Got 2 Japanese restaurants using the service. Stopped after 2 years because of running out of budget.
- 2013 to 2015: PHP Developer then Developer Lead at Softfoundry that lead a small team to develop several web-based products such as video conference (VMeet), video portal, ecommerce, elearning, etc... The VMeet was used by the govs of Thailand, Vietnam & other SEA countries.
- 2020 to Present: Studying M.S. in Computer Science, major in Artificial Intelligent at Saigon University, Vietnam.
- 2009 to 2013: Graduated B.S. in Software Engineering at Van Lang University which is transferred from Carnegie Mellon University, USA.
Coding, Reading & Traveling.
Open Source Projects
- create-package: TypeScript package/module generator.
- create-service: Express.js micro service generator.
- create-service-component: Express.js service component generator for create-service.
- create-dotgithub: GitHub dotfiles generator from dotgithub templates repo.
- crypto-roi: A ROI calculator of holding top coins on coinmarketcap.com. Crypto ROI command line app crypto-roi-cli & web app holdtodie.fun.
- scraper: An html scraper microservice based on x-ray & micro. Scraper web app scraper.fun.
- reader: A microservices simple tech news feed reader.
- health: The simplest health check middleware for express.js app.
Daily Tech Reads
- The One Minute Manager
- Key to Living the Law of Attraction
- Think Like a Freak
- Who Moved My Cheese
- The Lean Startup
- Good to Great
- High Output Management
- Elon Musk
- Once Upon a Cow
- Never Eat Alone
- Zero to One
- Pour Your Heart Into It
- Start-up Nation
- The 4-Hour Workweek